The Perspective

Filed under Entertainment

Coming to Netflix: Fall 2018

For many, the start of fall means sweater weather and a new show to binge. Several films and series are set to release on Netflix these coming months.

One of the most anticipated mini-series that came to Netflix Sept. 21 was “Maniac”. This dramedy, sci-fi fusion stars Emma Stone and Jonah Hill, who play strangers that agree to participate in a pharmaceutical trial. As you can guess, things don’t go smoothly.

“Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat” joined Netflix Oct. 19. It is a cooking show that follows chef Samin Nosrat as she examines cooking in Italy, Japan, Mexico, and California. The docu-series is based on Nostrat’s book of the same name.

Fans of “Riverdale” may be interested in “The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina”, a dark twist on the late ’90s hit “Sabrina the Teenage Witch”. Sabrina, played by Kiernan Shipka, struggles to decide between the witch world and human world. Disney star, Ross Lynch plays Sabrina’s boyfriend. “The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” made its debut Oct. 26.

Action lovers must watch Chris Pine’s new movie “Outlaw King” that will be released on Nov. 9. Based on the true story of Robert the Bruce, a King of Scotland who was forced into exile. He and a group of outlaws fight the large English army in an attempt to win back his throne.

Many avid “bingers” were excited to hear of the renewal of their favorite show. The fifth season of “Chef’s Table” hit Netflix Sept. 28. Adult cartoon “Big Mouth” returned for a second season Oct. 5.

These are only a few of the most awaited Netflix originals that have been added this fall. Put on your fuzzy socks and start up the fireplace, this autumn season is time to catch up on all that’s new on Netflix.

About the Writer
Kealani Tapp, Staff Writer

Kealani Tapp is a junior at Plymouth High School and a staff writer for The Perspective. In her free time, she enjoys going to concerts and hanging out...