Humans of P-CEP: Michelle Cirino

Plymouth junior Michelle Cirino is a multi-sport athlete with big plans ahead of her. Playing hockey since the age of five and lacrosse since her freshman year, Cirino has chosen the sport that will take her through college as well.

Cirino decided she wanted to play college lacrosse for Siena Heights University midway through her junior year of high school. However, she knew lacrosse was going to be the one when she entered her freshman year of high school.

“I knew I was done playing hockey going into my freshman year; I had lost the drive I used to have for the sport. Needing something to fill that place, I turned to lacrosse. I liked the individualism that came with the team sport. I liked the running. I liked the seriousness of the game. I still played hockey at the high school level, but it wasn’t the same as AAA.”

Cirino used her first semester junior year grades to apply to Siena. Taking hard classes like Chemistry, AP Macroeconomics and Microeconomics, Honors Philosophy, Algebra 3 with Trigonometry and AP Psychology, Cirino received a 3.83 GPA, and was accepted to play D2 lacrosse in the fall of 2018. Verbally committing on January 31, Cirino was excited to start planning out the next few years of her life.

Planning on studying business and psychology at Siena Heights, Cirino is preparing herself for law school. In the fall of 2018, Cirino will move to Siena and play D2 college lacrosse on the same team as her older sister, Marissa Cirino.

“Having my sister on my team again will be just like old times on Plymouth Lacrosse. We had so much fun together and I can’t wait for her to join me at Siena,” said Marissa.

Applying herself academically and athletically, Cirino will accomplish big things. “I want to make my parents proud. I want them to know all their support wasn’t for nothing,” said Cirino.