The Perspective

Filed under Features

The Park Players Theater Company performs ‘Little Shop of Horrors’

The Park Players Theatre Company performed its show “Little Shop of Horrors” for four nights in December at the Dubois Little Theatre in Canton High School. Each performance was packed full of friends and family excited to see the show.

Members of the Park Players Theatre Company that weren’t a part of the cast for this musical helped to run concessions or worked as ushers.

Salem junior John Oatney, who ushered, said, “’Little Shop of Horrors’ was a wonderful collection of phenomenal, deep acting, terrific vocal talent, spectacular orchestra and one amazing puppet. This performance was such a joy for me, a long-time fan of the show, to watch, because of how invested every actor, and everyone in the audience, was in the characters and the show. A masterful work by Paul Bird, Shannon McNutt, Jennifer Neumann and everyone else involved.”

“Little Shop of Horrors” was full of extremely talented students, including Salem senior Hayley Martin, who played the female lead of Audrey, Canton junior Dalton Barthold, who played the male lead of Seymour, and many others.

In addition to that, the members of Park Players are a group of dedicated students. Oatney said, “I love Park Players so much because of the fun, hardworking people that make up the community. Everybody is equally in love with the theatre and with the art and craft and it just creates this wonderful environment and a beautiful space to express yourself and have a good time. Everyone involved is wonderful and hardworking, and I love doing shows with them all.”

About the Writer
Kelly Quinlan, Design Team

My name is Kelly Quinlan and I’m a junior at Salem. This is my first year on The Perspective staff and this year I’m a features and opinion writer, I’m also on the design team this year. I love to write and my favorite writing style is creative writing. I don’t have any pets of my own but I love animals. I also play flute in Wind Ensemble and in marching band and there’s nothing else that’s really interesting about me. Oh and I like Italian food.