The Student News Site of Plymouth-Canton Educational Park

The Perspective

The Perspective

The Perspective

P-CEP Marching Band reaches BOA Grand National Championship Semi-Finals

The+Band+sets+up+for+a+performance+at+the+Lucas+Oil+stadium.+November+11%2C+2023.+
Sara Pelukas
The Band sets up for a performance at the Lucas Oil stadium. November 11, 2023.

At the Lucas Oil Stadium of Indianapolis, Ind., the P-CEP Marching Band (Class AAAA), directed by Michael Wells, Andrew Raven, Oliver Rodriguez, and led by drum majors Alana Lake and Miles Dupree, placed 29th overall out of the 93 participating bands in the Bands of America Grand National Championship Semi-Finals with a final score of 80.350, placing 24th in preliminaries along with an overall score of 83.300 out of the possible 100.000 point score. The 2023 P-CEP Marching Band’s show is titled “Neo-Chroma” and features an assortment of excerpts from Sergei Rachmaninov, Kevin Day, and Michael Daugherty.

The overall winning band was the Avon High School Marching Band (Class AAAA), from Indiana, with a final score of 97.475, just a hair ahead of the second-placing Carmel High School Marching Band, from Indiana, which scored 97.275, and had won the BOA Grand National championships the previous year.

The P-CEP Marching Band has attended since 1986 and has a remarkable history with the Music for All’s Bands of America program and took home the title of Grand National Champions in 1990, 1991, and 1999. Bands of America has hosted the Grand National Championships in Indianapolis for 47 years, since 1976.