The Student News Site of Plymouth-Canton Educational Park

The Perspective

The Perspective

The Perspective

Salem Advanced Marketing students rally community support for Nathan’s Ninjas in Muscular Dystrophy fundraiser

Students+donate+money+to+the+change+bucket+at+the+Rock+Shop.++February+2024.+
Presley Albrecht
Students donate money to the change bucket at the Rock Shop. February 2024.

In a heartwarming display of community spirit, students from Salem Advanced Marketing have successfully organized a fundraising campaign for Nathan’s Ninjas, a local organization dedicated to supporting individuals affected by Muscular Dystrophy. The initiative, which included a partnership with Iversen’s Bakery in Dearborn, Michigan, has raised awareness and provided financial support to those in need.

Iversen’s Bakery generously donated delectable Fudge Bumpy Cake Cupcakes to the cause, with all proceeds from the cupcake sales directed towards Nathan’s Ninjas. The cupcakes became a sweet token of solidarity, illustrating how businesses can significantly impact community causes.

The partnership was introduced by Aydaan Jilani, Canton senior and Advanced Marketing student, to his mother, the owner of Iversen’s Bakery. “My family has always been very giving at heart, so when I introduced them to the idea of giving back to Nathan’s Ninjas or Muscular Dystrophy, they were ecstatic. I mean, they jumped at the opportunity to give back because we’ve always been giving so It was a no-brainer for us.” 

Iversen’s Bakery is offering 10% off any purchases of $20.00  or more. Show the following banner in-store to receive the discount.

In addition to the cupcake partnership, a popcorn campaign was orchestrated by the students. Bags of popcorn were offered to students and staff during the school day. The proceeds from this initiative further bolstered the funds raised for Nathan’s Ninjas, demonstrating the students’ innovative and inclusive approach to fundraising.

To make the donation process even more accessible, the Salem Rock Shop participated by placing containers at the registers. This simple yet effective method allowed patrons to contribute easily, showcasing the power of collective giving.

Nathan Miller, Canton freshman, is directly impacted by Muscular Dystrophy, living with it his whole life. His brother and fellow Advanced Marketing student, Nick Miller, Canton senior, played a pivotal role in spearheading this heartfelt initiative, adding a personal touch to the campaign.

Nick Miller shared his feelings on his involvement in the project, “It meant a lot to me since my brother has [Muscular Dystrophy], and it means a lot that people are raising awareness.”

Nathan’s Ninjas expressed gratitude for the students’ efforts. The funds raised will be instrumental in providing vital resources, support, and hope to those battling the challenges associated with Muscular Dystrophy.

The Salem Advanced Marketing students, under the guidance of their teacher Cristina Scappaticci, exemplify the positive impact that young minds can have when channeling their energy toward community service. Their initiative not only supports a noble cause but also highlights the importance of collaboration between businesses, educational institutions, and local organizations in creating a stronger and more compassionate community.

This is paid content from The Rock Shop.